Thursday, December 16, 2010


Endive

 Posted by Nancy on March 23, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Another new veggie-for me- I've tried is endive.  I searched Harris Teeter for this one, but they didn't have it. I then went to the Fresh Market going over and over the produce section.  Finally I asked and yes they did have it, hidden in the ice under the asparagus.  Who would have guessed!  For this I used a recipe one I found from my one of my favorite cooking sites, Cooking Light

It's an appetizer.

Endive Stuffed with Goat Cheese and Walnuts:

 This takes walnuts, honey, balsamic vinegar, OJ, 2 heads of endive, 2 navel oranges, chopped fresh chives and cracked black pepper.
Take 1/3 c. coarsley chopped walnuts and  combine with 1 TB honey, spread on a baking sheet covered in Pam and bake at 350 for 10 mins.
Combine 1 TB honey, 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar, and 3 TB OJ in a small pan, boil over high heat until reduced to 3 TB.
Fill each endive leaf with 1 orange section.  Top each with 1 ts. cheese and 1 ts. walnuts, arrange on a plate.  Drizzle the vinegar mixture evenly over leaves and sprinkle with chives and pepper.
Yields 8 servings--2 leaves each
Ca

No comments:

Post a Comment