Monday, February 7, 2011

USA Made Goods

Hart and I went to Harris Teeter yesterday and I began my search for food grown  in the USA.  The strawberries were advertised as grown in CA but they were from Mexico.  Most of the frozen seafood was from  a foreign country as well.  There ended my search for we ran out of time.  I will do better next time.

I have been researching USA companies and surprise! there are many.

Here are a few I was familiar with:
Watkins Spices and Extracts
James Avery Jewelry
Lenox
Little Tike Toys
Fuller Brush (remember the guy who used to come door to door with his briefcase--I do)
Crayola Crayons
Kitchenaid mixers
Stetson
Woolrich blankets
Nalgene bottles
Ivory soap
Benjamin Moore Paint

A couple of good websites to do more in depth searching are:

http://www.stillmadeinusa.com/index.html
http://www.ibuyusmade.com

There are a lot more you can google as well.  One more thing, here is an interesting article about manufacturing in the USA.  Why We Still Make It in the USA .


Let me know what you think and any products that you find that are USA made.

No comments:

Post a Comment