Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Bringing in the dough

I'm not sure why, but for some reason my alarm clock is set to Rush Radio.  So each morning I am awakened to loud, obnoxious voices complaining about our country.  It's definitely a good way to get me out of bed.  A strategy I am sure my husband is using to get me downstairs to start the coffee.
But last Sunday morning a different program was airing.  I don't know the details as the show had already begun but an author, who had written a book on how to become millionaire, was being interviewed.  Honestly after the toll free number had been given for the 25th time I began to tune out, thinking it was time to get out of bed and start the coffee.  But I did catch a few sentences that intrigued me.  Her basic premise for the book is that it's not enough, anymore, to just keep your job and sink your money in a 401K.  You have to have extra cash  coming in.  DUH!  I knew that.  But she went on to say everyone is doing something for which they are not getting paid.  Also most people have a hobby  that they can turn into an extra income.  Hmmm. That got me thinking.  One other point of interest she said is this--you have to think of yourself as a success in order to be one.  Wow.  Now my brain is whirling.   I've tried ventures in the past, so I'm not afraid to try something different. I have a few ideas to mull over.   I'll keep you posted on what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment